Return Your Furniture To Near Factory Condition
You can trust Chem-Dry of Richmond with all of your furniture and upholstery cleaning needs in Richmond VA, Williamsburg and Chesterfield. We are recognized as the number one authority in upholstery cleaning and care in Central Virginia. In fact, many local carpet cleaners, even our largest competitors, often recommend us for the cleaning of delicate fabrics.
Because every piece of furniture and fabric is unique, we make sure to treat it that way. We use different methods depending on the make and thickness of the fabric in order to give you the best results possible.
For light cleaning, maintenance or heavily soiled upholstery, our 9-step upholstery cleaning process is unmatched for quality and safety:
- Pre-Inspection: Your fabric is tested to determine its content, allowing us to use the safest and most effective treatment.
- Area Preparation: The treatment area is prepared, including protecting the surrounding furnishings.
- Pre-Vacuum: All textiles are vacuumed thoroughly before cleaning. This step removes dry soils and loose particles from cracks and crevices.
- Pre-treat: A special solution, designed for your fabric type and soiling condition is applied to emulsify the soil.
- Pre-Spot: Any potentially difficult spots are pretreated with special solutions to enhance the cleaning processes.
- Soil Extraction: Soil is extracted from the fabric with a patented hot carbonating cleaning solution that leaves your upholstery clean and soft.
- Post-Spot: Any remaining spots are treated with special stain removal products.
- Post-Groom: The upholstery is prepared for drying with a gentle combing of the fabric.
- Final Inspection: Our technicians review the cleaning results with you to ensure that your expectations have been met or exceeded.
Professional upholstery cleaning makes your furniture last longer and have fewer permanent stains. Our meticulous upholstery cleaning process is sure to give you the satisfaction you need to feel at home again.
For even greater results, ask Chem-Dry of Richmond’s technicians to apply Fabric Protection after your upholstery cleaning service. Our fabric protection helps to prevent permanent stains, allows you to clean your fabric with less effort, and will even make your next cleaning session even more effective.
Whether you need furniture cleaning for your Richmond VA home or want upholstery cleaning service for your business in Williamsburg we can make any fabric on your home look as good as new. After your upholstery in cleaned, it will smell great and be more sanitary so you can have an all-around better indoor living environment.
Keep Your Leather Furniture Looking Great
Leather cleaning by Chem-Dry of Richmond uses products that are safe and effective, applied by a Certified Leather Specialist. Your leather furniture lends beauty and elegance to your home. Routine treatment prevents undue wear on your leather and keeps it looking and feeling great.
There are cleaning products on the market not appropriate for leather and may break down its finish. This leads to dryness and cracking. Chem-Dry of Richmond uses leather furniture cleaning products that are endorsed by over 300 tanneries and manufacturers.
How Leather Gets Dirty
- Oils and Grease: Body oils from both humans and animals attach and hold onto leather, such as hair and hand oils on the head cushions and arm rests.
- Atmospheric Soils: Have you ever noticed the dust that builds up on a coffee table or desk over a week’s time? This same dust is being deposited on your leather, along with other airborne cooking oils and atmospheric pollutants that are present in every home.
- Common Soils: These soils include the common dirt tracked in from outside along with sand and fibers from plants.
- Dyes and Inks: Newspaper ink and dyes from clothing, such as denim, deposit easily on leather. A leaky pen or kids playing with pens can also contribute mightily to the damage.
Regular maintenance by Chem-Dry of Richmond’s leather cleaning service is recommended every 3 months to keep your furniture looking like new. Even when the leather looks okay, cleaning is required to restore the protective coating, which provides essential moisturizers. Without it, leather becomes dry and may crack.
Chem-Dry Helps You Sleep Easy
It’s a fact: all mattresses are susceptible to dust mites. Invisible to the human eye, they breed and live primarily in mattresses and feed on dead skin cells. The dead bodies and feces of dust mites are allergens, and for many people, cause asthma, rhinitis or dermatitis.
Sufferers may also experience Eczema, Hay Fever, Bronchitis, Inflammation of the Mucous Membranes, Itchy Red Eyes, Headaches, Sinus Pain, Fatigue, early morning fits of excessive sneezing and even feelings of depression when waking.
Dust mites are small. As many as 1,000 can fit on the head of a pin. There may be hundreds of thousands, perhaps even millions of dust mites inhabiting your bed.
Vacuuming is not enough. You need mattress cleaning from the experts at Chem-Dry of Richmond to eliminate the dust mite allergen and create the clean mattress you need to sleep easy. With Chem-Dry of Richmond’s low-moisture processes it only takes 1-2 hours for your mattress to dry, so you don’t have to miss a single night’s sleep in your own bed.
Mattress cleaning also helps reduce the severity of frequent allergies by neutralizing pollen and other allergens, freeing you and your family from seasonal suffering.